You’re developing SharePoint workflows in Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 and then all of a sudden you get these errors when you attempt to compile your solution. I’ve noticed that this happens most often when you rename on of your forms and/or you rename the xsd myschema.xsd /c file you’ve created.
I am aware of several solutions, take care to read all of these because they are the most common pitfalls.
1) Are your Initiation and Association forms using the same schema? They must be the same in workflow.xml
2) If you are using InfoPath sure that when you publish your InfoPath form with a blank access path as this breaks the URN if you don’t clear it.
3) Make sure you have the proper URN from your published InfoPath form entered into the feature.xml file, to locate this select file -> Properties while in InfoPath’s design mode.
Warning: Make sure you read this from your most recently published form!
4) Try to close and re-open Visual Studio, I’ve noticed that it will sometimes cache the URN information
5) Verify you have the “register forms” switch activated in your feature.xml file, this will allow SharePoint to open the form using a forms services web part.
6) Take care not to rename the form schema in the generated myschema.cs file you generated using xsd myschema.xsd /” command
Note – the screenshot below shows InfoPath’s data source window (right), the visual studio command prompt (bottom middle) used to compile the xsd to the .cs file shown in Visual Studio 2008 (top left).
Ulysses Ludwig is a SharePoint architect with over 16 years in the IT and computer industry. Ulysses' primary focus is SharePoint but he dabbles in the latest web technologies and likes to develop software in his spare time.
Day after day I have users asking me how to get additional information about the selected user from the contact selector/people picker per my example at http://sharepointassist.com/2009/02/27/adding-a-contact-selectorpeople-picker-to-an-infopath-form/.
Sometimes InfoPath doesn’t allow you to rename your main data source so you are stuck with a name that doesn't necessarily match with the function of the form. This is very common for those of us that...
Comment for Could not find schema information for the element …